Home » , , , , » Wednesday, Thursday Stuff

Wednesday, Thursday Stuff

Wednesday lunch - Stroll on Clear Creek. Right next to busy streets and surrounded by houses but you'd never know it.

Something about being near water is innately soothing... maybe it's as simple as the sound, or the fact that it's distracting and takes your mind off anything that's stressing you out. I can't get enough of it.


Wednesday evening - Short hike on South Table Mountain. Storm-torn clouds everywhere, but it never rained.


Thursday lunch - Lunch on bench shut down due to wind at Sloan Lake. Note the wind patterns on the water. That was coming right at me. With rain.


Thursday evening - Escaped ugly rain clouds by heading south to Bear Creek Path where it was sunny -- for the time being. I avoided storms for almost two hours then was doused with wind-whipped rain on the drive home after grabbing a bite at Moe's. Glad it held off until then.

Distance was 10.41 miles, time 1:44, elevation gain/loss 384 feet.




Skiing looks poor for the weekend, with big patches of dirt on ski trails. Running is more likely; the usual long run. It's supposed to be in the 60s, which will be good.

147 miles so far for April by running every other day, with probably two runs left in the month. I'm happy the body -- i.e. knees and feet -- are holding up fine after coming back up to the level I was at a year ago when it started to fall apart -- and I became acutely aware that I am not invincible. Right now I feel like I'm getting good workouts, yet not overdoing it.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger