Home » , » Tuesday Ralston Creek

Tuesday Ralston Creek

Just like last year when I tried to up my miles per run from 4 or 5 to 7, I find myself wanting to do that again. I've been running more like 8, and I'm pushing to run 10 to get a bit more endurance. For me that means setting aside an hour and 45 minutes, and I can't always do that.

Distance was 10.35 miles, time 1:40, elevation gain/loss 279 feet, pace 9:45.

Most of this run was on a concrete path, but somehow those pics just didn't make the cut. I wonder why that is.


The creek cuts through a combination of ranch/farm land, business parks, suburban homes and a golf course. So, there end up being a lot of peripheral meadows and singletrack. Not like Bear Creek, but some.


In these public spaces there are strange things like the big open field I ran through (no fence or signs) only to find "No Trespassing" signs on the other side. I never know whether the signs predate purchase of the land for public open space and were never taken down, or if it's actually private. The trails are usually well-worn and apparently nobody cares that much, but I try to abide by the rules and sometimes things just fall through the cracks.


This ended up being a pretty solid run with only about 5 minutes stopped for pictures. The more consistent mileage is putting a bit of pressure on the legs, but it's still under control. I was able to keep the knee quiet by watching my stride and arm motion.

Cadence was up there; not sure what it was, but it sounded rather quick when I went through an underpass and could hear my footsteps, and I kept it up for the full 1:40.

Still don't go that fast, but... it's feeling good and it's still enjoyable.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger