Home » » Smoke - North Fork Fire

Smoke - North Fork Fire

Being the hardworking (or totally oblivious?) type that I am, I somehow got through the work day without realizing there's a major wildfire in the foothills southwest of Denver. This is from below Green Mountain (Lakewood) in my neighborhood:


The plume of smoke extends to the left, all the way out past the city onto the plains.

I found out about the fire as I was driving home and saw huge billows of smoke over the south suburbs about 15 degrees above the horizon (it appeared above the top of Green Mountain), and I was expecting to see fires on the hogbacks just to the south. It was actually about 15 miles away, which is almost worse, since it means it's a pretty serious fire to be generating that much smoke.

Scary. I hope they get it under control with no loss of life and little loss of property.

An interactive map of the fire area, from 11 PM on 3/26.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger