Home » , , » Sunday Green Lakewood

Sunday Green Lakewood

Family was visiting this weekend, so run time was limited. Nonetheless, I got out Sunday morning on the local hill. I wanted to get above 10 miles, which I had been unable to do that during the week. I figured I could do it in 1:45, but I ended up taking a bit longer for almost 12 (in talking about it later I remember it as 12, but it was actually slightly under).

Distance was 11.85 miles, time 2:18, and elevation gain/loss 1,878 feet.


Part of Summit Loop on the west:


I got a text from my brother when I was on the west side, and replied that I was about an hour from home. I stepped it up a bit to try to get back on time, and as a result this ended up being a pretty good workout. I popped a couple Clif Shot Bloks towards the end, experimenting with trying to keep the energy levels up on longer/hilly runs. May have helped.


I always underestimate the east side, on which the trail rolls up and over every successive ridge. This is a descent off one of those ridges (this is maybe 3/4 of the way down from the highest point in this area):


This time I exited onto the street nearby in an effort to speed up the run and shortcut home.

Ate at Lucile's in Boulder. Hadn't had beignets in a while, and the Creole Omelet was great. Cool little place.


Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger