Home » , » Thursday Table Loop

Thursday Table Loop

Thursday was another solid 10-miler around North Table at a decent pace.

Distance was 10.25 miles, time 1:56, elevation gain/loss 1,580 feet, avg. pace 11:20, and best pace 6:36.


It was busier today, not sure why, but maybe it's the warm weather. Lots of fairly well-mannered bikers, a few hikers, and only 3 other runners in two hours. One guy looked pretty solid coming uphill, but I didn't recognize him. I guess he doesn't have a blog ;)


Here's a closer view of a break in the cliff band that allows access to the flat top of the mountain. It's a short scramble up a rock slab and steep steps. Fun stuff:


Prickly local flora (yucca); I've been stabbed by these countless times:


I didn't even notice the tiny flowers when I took this photo:


I tried to find the North Table outer loop (on the southeast) this time, so I could actually run around the "real" outside perimeter of the mountain. I descended all the way to the houses at the bottom, but didn't see any trail so I had to run all the way back up to the top -- about a mile and 200 vertical feet of extra credit. I felt surprisingly good on this; I think I'm finally getting some conditioning built up -- slowly. I played chase uphill with the mountain bikers again, this time gaining some ground.

This is the break in the rock cap near the waterfall, which leads down to the plains on the east side:


After about 6 months messing with minimalist shoes and form, I think I can pretty much conclude that I feel better running in them (really liking the New Balance MT110), and that cadence and arm motion have had the biggest impact on my continuing knee health. The shoes make a difference, but only inasmuch as they encourage good form.

Seriously thinking of getting a backup pair or two of 110s, in case they decide the mess with them. The New Balance MT00 looks interesting, but I'm not enthralled, and I really need more rock protection so for me they'd be a niche shoe like the Five Fingers or MT10 (I once had a dried weed stem poke through the sole on them).
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger