Home » , , » Short Table

Short Table

This sounds like a post about carpentry. I wasn't going to run today, but I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow (i.e. if I'm going to be able to run), so I did a short easy jaunt to the top of North Table and tried to find the trail around the southeast side.

A) I think the North Table Loop "under construction" on the map does not exist yet (unlike Cottonwood Canyon, which seems complete). B) There's an existing social trail from the Fairmount trailhead on Easley Road, so I took that to Mesa Top, then up past the waterfall to the summit plain. I think the dashed line on the far right of the map near #2 is that social trail. As far as I can tell, the connecting section on the lower right has not been built yet, and there is not even a social trail there.


The easy way up/down the mountain is shown below, and involves four legs. There are lots of stables in the neighborhoods below the mountain. Yesterday I ran past riders practicing, and horses being fed. Horses are omnipresent out here, even in suburbia.


The waterfall is currently a mere trickle:


To run on top of this mountain, away from all cares and with an expansive and crazily colorful sky above, is a good way to spend the late afternoon after work.


On top of that, I heard that my uber-boss told our direct bosses that even though we have an important goal due next week, he didn't want staff burning the midnight oil, so we all went home at a normal hour and will have normal weekends. The workload was tailored to be realistic and to emphasize quality over hurried quantity. This is not the last software release in the world, after all.

I'm grateful for that simple command. Simple things matter.

Because now I can do this run, and take these pictures.


Distance was 6.49 miles, time 1:24, elevation gain/loss 875 feet, avg. pace 13:05, and best pace 7:10.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger