Home » , » Sunday Green Lakewood

Sunday Green Lakewood

After all these years of running, I'm still tuning tempo.

It started years ago when began running on the midfoot. More recently I increased it a bit for minimalist shoes. On this run, I had a couple of very minor aches, and when I increased my cadence one more notch (to 11?), those issues simply faded away. Gone. I didn't have time to think about how to place my feet, and they just fell where they may, soft and relaxed. Knee tension also disappeared, along with the associated tendinitis. Have I been landing with leg tension and stressing things out? Hmm.

About mile 6 as I chugged up yet another uphill section, I could feel my Friday ski day and my Saturday snowshoe, from the burn in my quads. But when I hit the top and began cruising, my feet traveling quickly and softly over the irregular dirt, the sensation of running well was palpable and it felt awesome. Hello, endorphins.

At one point I stopped in a ravine, perfectly still, and just listened. Mice were rustling around in the grass, and I waited for a few minutes for one to show itself, but it kept inside its mouse tunnels. No-show.

Yet another reason my runs take so long: waiting for mice.

Distance was 11.03 miles, moving time 2:01, and elevation gain/loss 1,767 feet. Shoe: MT110.






Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger