Home » » Activity Summary - January 2012

Activity Summary - January 2012

In January I took 14 days off due to an achy toe bone (18 total). I've had soreness in the sole of my foot before from thin soles, but this seemed a bit worse and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fracture. As far as I can tell it's fine now.

Partly because of that, I also started using a faster, lighter step and to land a bit more flat, and it's worked so far to prevent impact pain (and to reduce patellar tendinitis). The key seems to be to try to run fast enough that I don't have time to fuss with how my feet/legs land.

Because apparently I suck at it.

Run distances were down because of recovery and a couple of shorter AM runs.

Running
  • Count: 8
  • Distance: 51 miles
  • Time: 11:15
  • Elevation Gain: 6,726 feet
Riding - None.

After the injury cluster of the last year, I finally feel like I'm back at a stable place and can do whatever run suits me. Which, for now, will typically mean running with days of rest in between, and trying out some longer runs.

Still no plans to run daily or close to it. It just seems excessive to me given my soft goals of enjoying the run, staying healthy, and going faster and farther only if I complete the first two goals.

We'll see what happens when the weather turns warm and the days get longer.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger