Home » , » Bear Creek Ride, Creeks Crossed

Bear Creek Ride, Creeks Crossed

It was overcast after work last Friday, perfect for exercise, so I did a quick loop around Bear Creek Lake via the creek bike path and nearby dirt paths.


My thought was that in this dry year, maybe the creeks would be low, so I turned off the bike path onto Stone House trail where the sign mentions its 3 creek crossings, to check things out.


One crossing down, on the tops of rocks and sticks.

The second crossing has a spot off to the side with a huge fallen tree, via some bushwhacking on a thin strip of steep bank.

A heron occupied the log until I showed up:



The log is maybe 2-3 feet wide, so I walked across with the bike on my shoulder, then maneuvered around the bike (lodged in some branches) and lowered it down and jumped off. That was fun!

There was one more crossing that I didn't photograph, but I got across and was pretty psyched, since I'd never gotten across all three even without a bike.

The next shot is below the reservoir dam, coming downhill. I thought the Great Plains were flat, what the heck:


Distance was 10.17 miles, time 1:19 (moving 1:03), elevation gain/loss 413 feet, avg. speed 7.6 mph, and max speed 24.8 mph.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger