Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Thursday - I walked along a drainage canal in Arvada at noon. Can you tell the difference between paint over graffiti, and paintings that sell for thousands of dollars in galleries? I have an MFA, and I can't.


In the evening, a rare crummy run... at least the ending, which was cut short (6.6 miles) because my quads were still hurting from Tuesday's faster outing. I just want to heal and get back to what I'm doing, so I walked the remaining 1.7 miles back.

Tree arch along Bear Creek:


Friday - I took a lakeside lunch break, as did this heron:


I was irked about cutting the prior day's run short, so I got out again at super-slow pace along Ralston Creek, to take it easy on the quads. Rain was closing in, and I decided not to push it too much so I called it at 8 miles.


I'm really enjoying the ability to run singletrack that is traffic-free and faster than mountain climbs, which these river trails provide. And they still offer more visual interest than streets or concrete. I've not given up the foothill trails, it's just nice to have options where I can spend two hours and actually get some miles in. I can also run after dark on the nice smooth path nearby.

Saturday - Crap weather in the morning, and I holed up inside while it rained all day.

About 3 PM things started to clear up, and eventually I got to enjoy this weather during a street ride on the MTB in the hood (way too muddy for trails; I made the mistake of walking on one, and had mud on my tires and shoes for the rest of the ride):




Interesting sound and visuals in this video, but I'm not sure I'd stray far from a public trailhead with Miss Psychedelic-trance-baby-mumbles and friends:


As for this, well it's just damned good:


The May 19th Saturday Night Live was great. I only caught bits, so I need to go back and finish watching. The Digital Short was hilarious as usual.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger