Home » , , , , , » The Work Week, Non-Work Portion

The Work Week, Non-Work Portion

This week's non-work activity was: run/ride/run/ride/hide (from nasty rain on Friday).

Monday - A run in drizzle at Ralston Creek, ending in the dark:


Tuesday - A ride on Ralston, cutting over to singletrack when possible, from Ward Road to North Table Mountain and back. The best part was hammering along Fairmount Trail, which is slightly rolling dirt and gravel road along a berm next to North Table.

This is earlier along the creek; a street overpass is behind me. Some kids have a little terrain park going not far from here:


Wednesday - Run at North Table. Too many photos for this post.

Thursday - Lunch at Crown Hill Lake Park. A spectacular sunny day around noon, as is often the case here:


I was like Rain Man, wandering around aimlessly on dirt paths in the sun, looking across the lake at the mountains eating my sandwich and trying to figure out why I like summer and trees so much. I think there's a similarity between water and trees, and I'll even add fires into the mix -- well-contained fires. There's an element of random white noise and random motion that is soothing and mesmerizing, as in the constantly changing shadows under huge old cottonwoods, that distract me from concerns and let me focus on what is present before me. A nice break during a work day.

I did a short ride after work, but again, I'll save the photos for another post.

Friday - Happy hour at home. It was crummy weather, rain everywhere.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger