Home » , , , » Thursday Short Ride

Thursday Short Ride

It was raining all over the Denver area by 6 PM, so I headed east to ride the mountain bike at Dakota Ridge at Matthews-Winters and nearby roads. After getting out of work late and driving, it was a very short ride, and somewhat aggravating fussing with the gear. I'm spoiled by the simplicity of running.

From the car while changing:


I headed up the road towards the Dinosaur Ridge walking tour, then up and over the hogback towards Red Rocks. The terrain is really rocky and frankly above my skill level, but I'm trying to push myself a bit to get the miles in and become more comfortable with tougher trails.

By the way I noticed on the Dinosaur Ridge home page, there is a photo of a road runner. I have never seen one in Colorado, but I'd love to. Maybe I should sit above the fossils and wait for one.

Looking south over C-470 towards Littleton:


East towards Green Mountain in Lakewood:


Those are some angry skies!

Afternoons get a bit sketchy this time of year, but I just don't know if I can get up early enough to do 1:45 to 2:00 hours before work. Damn.

Friday we have mandatory celebratory bowling, eating and drinking starting at noon. Maybe later I can fit in a decent Friday run, which is hands down the best day to run around here, since more social folks than me tend to gather for happy hour, leaving the trails wide open.

Ride distance was 4.35 miles, time 52:39 (moving 38:24), and elevation gain/loss 660 feet. Like I said... short :)
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger