Saturday Chill

I opted for another rest day on Saturday, and moved my long run to Sunday.

Accordingly, I didn't really plan anything other than stopping by the Boulder farmer's market for the first time this season (bag Silver Canyon Guatemalan coffee, spring rolls by the creek), bumming around and maybe going for an easy bike ride that wouldn't tax the legs. Nice view from a parking garage:


The cows were grazing and creating obstacles of themselves on the South Boulder Creek path as I cruised on the MTB:


Below is where I totally passed a group of 5-year-old Mexican kids on bikes with their elderly chaperones. That is, after I held the gate for them, and rode along with the kids, until one of the old guys yells in Spanish what I can only assume was: "Move over to the right so this super-fast guy can pass, he's probably training for the Olympics":


After an out-and-back to the Bobolink lot, I cut over on Marshall Road for a brief tour of Marshall Mesa. The trails are actually pretty fun, I can see why so many bikers of all ability levels ride there. Decent buffed singletrack with nice slabs of rock and other interesting features.


Community Ditch; if I were a ditch, I'd want to live here:


Right away there a couple of stretches of more or less solid, bumpy rock over little rises, I had fun going over those without pausing, the shocks just sucking it up. I'm pretty sure I would not have ridden it that way last fall.


That's why I'm trying to put in time on the bike. I did that on skis: lots of hours, and before I knew it... I didn't suck.

Ride distance was 12.63 miles, time 1:31 (moving 1:13), elevation gain/loss 356 feet, avg. speed 8.3 mph, and max speed 23.5 mph. I felt like this was about the equivalent of a 7 or 8-mile run.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger