Home » , » Thursday Mount Galbraith

Thursday Mount Galbraith

Thursday I ran at Mount Galbraith west of Golden. I only left myself an hour until dark, otherwise I would have run farther. With street runs, I don't mind running after dark, but in the foothills, I really don't want to be out there after the dinner hour.

Distance was 6.33 miles, time 1:31, and elevation gain/loss 1,506 feet.

Here's the section that was burned by last year's fire, still looking a bit like charred matchsticks stuck into the ground. Thankfully this is only a very small section of the park:


I forgot how much fun the rocky terrain at this park is to run on... probably 1/3 of the park is somewhat smooth dirt, while the rest is steps and rocky sections like this:


Some rocky steps downhill (I trot down this carefully).


In addition right now quite a bit on the east is covered in snow and ice that is dirt-covered (which provides some traction) but slopes downhill and must be navigated carefully. Overall however this run really enjoyable. The trail is also foot traffic-only.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger