Home » , , » Evening Trans-Table

Evening Trans-Table

There may be ice on windshields this morning, but the last two days of 60+ degrees and sun was pretty nice. On Tuesday I took advantage of the warm weather and the evening light to cross South Table Mountain after work. Warmth! Light! Well, I could see for about the first half, anyway.

Distance was 6.1 miles, time 1:12, and elevation gain/loss 750 feet.

Green Mountain from South Table:


Bikers were out, probably glad to have dry trails for a change, and a girl circled the mountain nearby, her enthusiastic Lab galloping along right behind her.

By the time I made the return trip across the top, it was almost dark, and a lone coyote started calling out. No answer; I guess it was the only one up on the mountain that night. I kept scanning the grass with my headlamp for eyes, not wanting any surprises.


When I got the eastern edge, I could only see the inky shape of nearby cliffs against the sky and city lights, the dirt nearby ending in the blackness of a 15-foot drop over a cliff band. Good thing I know that trail well. There is at least one "false" trail over a sketchy, slippery slope that could end badly.


Man it got dark fast; it seems to be that way when the sky is mostly clear. This is looking back up towards the mountain:

Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger