Home » , , , , » Sunday Sliding, Inversion

Sunday Sliding, Inversion

A good weekend should feel longer than 2 days, and this one did. Good exercise too.

I ran 12 arduous miles Saturday (uneven snow + vertical) and skied Sunday, and ended the weekend with no running-specific pain, which considering the stresses my feet and legs were under, is a relief.

The proof is in the pudding: what I'm wearing on my feet and/or doing with them when I run, is working.


In retrospect I should have skied Saturday right after the snow instead of Sunday, but at the time I thought it was going to be breezy and nasty.

A gloomy Parry Peak

But it was still good, and I went on recon in search of remaining powder.

Not much wiggle room

The story with the photo below is that I snagged a pole on a sawed-off sapling sticking out of the snow. This was when I realized I needed to watch out so I didn't catch a ski, and when I realized that without my skis, I was sinking into the snow down to my thighs. Note that my skis are in the snow halfway, and they were not touching the ground.


I crawled the 20 feet uphill on all fours to get the pole, very gently so I wouldn't break through the crust. It was easier than lifting my legs out of thigh-deep holes in the snow.

When I got home, inversion was in full effect, and the entire area was under a silvery haze. This turned the clouds on the horizon to a pale bright blue. This photo is from a bit closer so the effect is diminished, but the color still comes through:


I'm glad to have the snow, but down here on the plains I also wouldn't mind some warmth and dry trails for a change. Coming soon.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger