Home » , , » Saturday Skid

Saturday Skid

A nice day at Mary Jane after a token 1" of snow the night before and 11" on the week. Still found powder in the trees.

I think I'm the only skier in Colorado who doesn't break the law on their I-70 ski commute (or any other drive for that matter). I set the cruise on the speed limit, and hang out in the right lane. What happens is the left two lanes back up with people who speed, but I keep sailing by on the right. I get passed, and then see the vehicles that blew by me a few miles later.

If we had photo ticketing on I-70 it would be a revenue gold mine. It would probably pay for that train people keep dreaming of.

Getting passed at 6:56 AM

I brought the K2 Extremes, which I got cheap as a sometimes mogul ski. So I focused on bumps this time out, blues and blue-blacks and some trees. Practice makes semi-perfect.

I can't ski most of the black mogul runs at MJ because, you see, they're made by elves. Expert squiggly-footed ski elves.

The Indian Peaks are back there somewhere

At one point I was following one of those side tracks off a groomed run that weaves crazily around trees and rocks like a roller coaster, and seems like it was also made by elves. They're fine if you look ahead and watch your speed. Anyway, one of my skis hit a bump and released, and I ended up upside-down and down slope. Amazingly I didn't eat bark.

Gotta increase that DIN setting. By one.


Crowds were surprisingly sparse for President's Day weekend, which can be busy. Maybe fewer travelers due to the low snowfall this year.

Lost in the woods

Pretty good for a normal Saturday.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger