Home » , , , » Uphill Night View From RRCC

Uphill Night View From RRCC

I've taken a few pictures from this compass-patterned patio up at Red Rocks Community College, because it has an interesting view up the ravine over the last few streets before Green Mountain in Lakewood. This is the first time I've taken a night photo with snow on the ground (thin as it is). You can see a jet trail in the upper left, because this is an 8-second exposure.


I did a walk in the VFFs this time with no socks, to test how the sole is doing. Still a bit tender but better for most of the 2.8 miles. It was 45 degrees, and I wore pants and a medium winter jacket. The feet were a little chilly but not bad.

Soft Fall - At one point I was walking along the sidewalk, absentmindedly looking at the sky, when I walked right across a sheet of pure ice, and ended up on the ground before I knew it. Slight impact on my palm, but that was it. Since I was walking very softly at the time, there was no pent-up forward force in my step to release on the slippery ice, and my legs did not fly out from under me as can happen. Instead, I just kind of folded onto the ground, or like doing a baseball slide onto carpet.

Tried the New Balance M730 at Sports Authority on the way home from work. It's actually a pretty nice minimal shoe with loose fit like the MT10, and probably the thinnest sole I've seen on a shoe at a major sports retailer. Maybe a 4mm heel drop? Not much. Super low to the ground. Strangely, I couldn't even find this shoe on the Sports Authority or New Balance web sites, even though it was not at Sports Authority two weeks ago. Still a bit cramped on the outsides for me in the size that fits best around the ankle and big toe.

Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger