Home » , , , » Lunch Walk, Night Run

Lunch Walk, Night Run

Clear Creek walk on Tuesday in a local park. Wednesday there were interesting ice crystal sheets along Ralston Creek where I walked for lunch.



Wednesday night run was short and easy (11:00 up/8:00 downhill on streets).

Ran in the Altra Instinct which felt good, with no hot spots, very easy shoe to run in. Plenty of padding, which makes it a bit sloppy but it didn't bother me while running, and I'm hoping the foam will pack out a bit and become more snug. Bad on snow due to the relatively flat tread, but I think for street runs it will work well.


Off to the right in this photo and behind me 50 yards, I saw the faintest grey ghost of a coyote in the open space just outside the reach of street lights, frozen and staring at me. It was in the exact same spot as the last time I ran up that street at night. Again, I waved and scared it away, not out of fear or anger and certainly not out of wanting to disrupt its hunting, but just because I figure that's best for both of us. This ain't The Daily Coyote, although sometimes it seems like coyote rush hour.

Spotting things like that may come in handy some day in the backcountry. However, the same visual pattern recognition of "things that look different" is probably what causes me to see animals in rocks and tree stumps when I'm running for a few hours and I'm fatigued. The brain plays tricks.

Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger