Saturday Car-Wait Ride

Saturday wasn't really a single ride -- in the sense of something continuous -- as much as me doing stuff all day, and when I wasn't doing stuff, pedaling around streets and trails waiting for my car to be released from the shop (scheduled maintenance and child restraint recall work).

Some of it was spent like this:


Even at 9:30 AM, the top of North Table Mountain was a solar oven, and it was hotter in the middle of the afternoon. Temp was almost 100 by 3 PM. Thankfully there was a breeze, even though it was hot too.

Africa, or Golden, CO?

This is what I did and learned, school oral report-style. On this ride, I...
  • Got in some good singletrack practice, and rode some moderate rocky downhills better than ever.
  • Learned more about local streets, trails, and shops.
  • Stopped by the farmer's market in Golden.
  • Found out that Big Ring Cycles has a sink you can fill your water bottle at. I lost a bolt on one of my SPD cleats, and after risking sub-bar release capability on a few mild but rocky downhills, I decided to ride into town and find another bolt. Got an extra water bottle, too.
  • Realized that Chimney Gulch trail goes under the highway through a tunnel. Ran that trail from the lot off 6 many times, yet I never knew that.
  • Found out that an extension of the Clear Creek trail goes under Highway 6 and follows the creek for about 3/4 mile:


Trip #2 to the top of South Table Mountain:


I inhaled this enchilada plate at Teqila's as a late lunch, before my last hour of (easy) riding. Should have taken this photo after I totally cleaned the plate:


All in all, it was a bunch of street and path riding, two trips up South Table Mountain, one partway up Chimney Gulch (way too hot, so I turned back, but I got to ride the downhill back down to the tunnel), and one ride on singletrack on the flatter, lower parts of Green Mountain (Lakewood).

Distance was 44.28 miles, time 7:38 (moving 5:41), elevation gain/loss 2,987 feet, avg. speed 5.8 mph, and max speed 23.8 mph.

Maybe I need to get those guys to change my oil faster ;)
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger