Home » , , » Thursday Bergen Peak

Thursday Bergen Peak

After staying a little late Wednesday, we got out of work early Thursday. So, obviously I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do a run that I don't usually have time for, and headed up to Evergreen.

Here is a runner (back left) coming out of what I call "The Rock Garden" (not visible) on the south ridge, a shallow ravine with rocks all along the left and on the trail:


I ran the uphill pretty steadily, barely staying ahead of mountain bikers behind me until the flat parts near the summit loop when I got passed. The highest point was 9,698 feet according to my GPS.

There are some nice rocks on the way down Too Long:


This run shouldn't take even me three hours, but I was going really easy downhill, stopping to look at Elk Meadow and the rain clouds over town:


There's a Scenic View spur that I'd never seen, and it was scenic. Dramatic rocks with some pretty fair drop-offs.


Distance was 12.07 miles, time 3:02 (moving 2:27), elevation gain/loss 2,438 feet.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger