Home » , » Barn Swallow 2012 Edition

Barn Swallow 2012 Edition

A barn swallow is back again for the 6th year, only this time it's not alone. Annual disclaimer: I don't really know if it's the same individual, or even if it's male or female, but if so, did it pick up a mate in South America this year before flying back north?


The first time I walked up they fluttered around making sounds before settling down again. The second time I was very careful as I carried my bike upstairs, and they didn't even budge. They are amazingly tame considering my door is only a few feet away. I can stand there literally 3 feet away and they just look down at me.

But honestly, I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a nest here, if that's what's in the making. In an apartment complex, I don't think that would end well.

May I recommend Red Rocks? It's quiet and scenic. Or Bear Creek -- lots of insects.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger