Home » , , , » Bear Creek Walk

Bear Creek Walk

Sorry to inflict photos of my foot on you, but I'm wondering if you can tell which toe I jammed into a rock while running a trail on Friday?


And you can probably understand why I got an x-ray today at MedExpress (a name worthy of The Simpsons, but a nice, fast place). There was no obvious fracture, although the images will go out to a radiologist in the next couple of days for a second opinion. I got a copy of the images and couldn't see a damned thing.

I should note that I was running in the MT110s at the time, and I'm pretty sure if I'd been in my Lone Peaks, I would not be talking about this. I really like the MT110, but the Lone Peaks have more toe room and better protection.

Since I didn't have to worry about babying a fracture, I went for a walk at Bear Creek on a day that was ridiculously beautiful -- if a bit chilly. Spring is starting to take effect, and new leaves and plants are sprouting up everywhere.



This duck couple was totally comfortable while I stood above them on a fallen tree over the creek, and photographed them. How sweet. I hope they have lots of healthy, fuzzy chicks together.


I kept trying to spot fish in the creek, and finally did: what appeared to be trout darting to the surface occasionally for a bite to eat.

I walked a bit over 2.8 miles, and had no significant pain from the injury.

Since I don't really want to run until the toe feels better, the question becomes what footwear I should put on next: ski boots or bike shoes?

Update - Ski boots ain't gonna work, because they press right on the top of my toe. Ow. That, and the fact that skiing would put upward and downward pressure on it.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger