Home » , , , » Green Lakewood Quick Summit

Green Lakewood Quick Summit

This was my first run in 19 days, due to a sore toe bone that I think I was hammering too hard before Christmas vacation.

Injuries are your body's way of saying DON'T FRICKIN' DO THAT. After wearing cushioned shoes (the Altra Instinct, dark grey) for the last two weeks, things felt OK so I took a trial run. I was careful to land the left foot as flat as possible, and not on the ball. It worked; no pain.

I ran out the door to the summit of Green in Lakewood and back.


Love being able to do that, even if I do have to run up the street a bit before I hit dirt. But from there, I could literally run almost to Evergreen on trails, with just a few stretches of road. That's pretty cool.


And if you haven't noticed, I like my local hill. When you're running up, all you can see is prairie grass and a bowl of porcelain blue sky above. It's like you're going to launch off into space. Totally beautiful in a minimalist way.


Clouds rising as they hit the mountains:


Distance was 6.08 miles, moving time 1:12, and elevation gain/loss 1,165 feet.

Shoes: New Balance MT110AK, on their maiden voyage. Felt... perfect.
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger