Home » , , » GPS Can Be Accurate

GPS Can Be Accurate

Although there was some truth in this NYT article on GPS accuracy, I've found once you get a good selection of satellites, accuracy can be pretty good.

For example, here I am parking in the last spot at Three Sisters in Evergreen, going for a hike, then using the restroom on the way back:


Based on this data, I'm only one CIA drone strike away from certain death.

Of course the reason I'm using SportTracks in the first place is to edit the GPS track. When I started this walk, I didn't realize the accuracy was poor and it placed me a mile down the road for about the first 1/4 mile, and I had to move those track points over. Ah well.

Like I said... "Can Be"...
Share :

Test Footer 1

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. The Gravity Syndrome - All Rights Reserved
Template by Cara Gampang Published by Cargam Template
Proudly powered by Blogger